Hub and Spoke Control Solutions
Station Network Groups that exercise top-level supervision over owned and affiliate stations can benefit from implementing an overarching control layer that addresses :
- Simplify and expedite remote command and control over production capabilities
- Allow you to take control of your configurations.
- Manage content automation, routing, switching, video servers and status monitoring and more.
- Create seamless workflows that minimise training time and margin for error.
- Network growth and aging systems.
- Take Control from Anywhere with Virtualised web keys.
Each affiliate station can also be remotely controlled via virtual web keys which have the same functionality at the USP3 hardware panel. This allows operators to control their systems based at home or any other remote location.
Technicians at a broadcaster’s network hub must have accurate, up-to-the-minute knowledge of each downstream affiliate’s status, i.e., audio and video feed quality, which source is on-air, etc. In case of a failure, the ability to select and remotely route primary or back-up automation to air, as well as break into the affiliate’s programming, should national or regional coverage take precedence.
By equipping each content channel at the affiliate stations with a GTP Control Processor connected to that channel’s primary and back-up automation systems, the video server(s), and facility router, connectivity back to the main network hub can be managed for override control.
In addition, a Universal Switch Panel (USP3-16) gives local operators control over which source is routed to air.
- Keep track of which source — automation A, B or local programming — is routed to air.
- When there are multiple channels, each may be individually routed without impacting any others.
- Only pass server commands from the active automation system; commands from the other are ignored unless, and until it is selected to air.
- If a Break-in source is on-air, commands to the server from both automation systems are ignored. Send continuous updates of the server’s clip list and transport status to both the A and B automation systems.
- Access video feeds from each affiliate station to allow operators to oversee and control content source selection for any, or all local market outlets.
- Selects the stations to be actively monitored from among the picture-in-picture sources displayed. Displays the chosen station’s name and tally status on the multiviewer.
- Choose which sub-channel of the selected local affiliate to monitor, as well as to remotely route the A, B or Break-in feed to air.
- Select a particular audio channel to monitor.
Take Control with the Flex Control Network
Powered by DNF Controls (now part of TSL Products) Flex delivers reliable performance across large scale and complex broadcasting operations.
By investing in a system that not only “plays nice” with other supplier’s equipment but is highly adaptable and easy to configure as new or upgraded devices are added to the mix, adjustments are easily implemented without disrupting on-air streams.